A N I M A L - K I N G D O M

Aussie. Crime. Drama. Heavy shit.

Today was an extremely cold miserable day in Sydney, perfect day for the movies. I had nominated to see Toy Story 3 in 3D but was sadly out voted to see Animal Kingdom instead. Although I had heard lots of good reports about the film, I'm just not a massive fan of Australian acting. So my expectations were low walking into the cinema, but after sitting on the edge of my seat for 2 hours.... let's just say I certainly wasn't disappointed.

Animal Kingdom - Directed by David Michod, tells a violent dramatic story about crime, family and survival all through the eyes of a 17 year old J-Coady. Every ounce of this film is intense, from the somber opening scene all the way to the end, the story line continues to build tension and explodes to a thrilling climax in the final scene.

Too many emotions to describe, I was shocked, anxious, scared, thrilled and devastated all in the space of 2 hours. All-in-all a brilliant Australian film, definitely wasn’t the lighthearted feel good story I was after for a Sunday afternoon, but I would highly recommend to go and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment